2016 Grant Application Deadline Dates: January 11, April 25, June 20, and September 26. Our process requires a Pre-Application Meeting. Please call us at (360) 378-1001 to schedule a meeting. We would be happy to help you through the process. Thank you!
The Community Foundation was once again gratified by the amazing generosity of islanders last week at the 2015 San Juan County Fair when over $32,000 was donated to eight different projects featured in the matching program. This amount was raised in just the four days of the Fair!
The Foundation, in turn, will match those donations up to 50% of the project’s goal amount, thereby allowing almost $46,000 to be granted to the following projects:
- Animal Protection Society’s new shelter
- Family Resource Center’s senior household essentials program
- SJICF Women’s Fund membership drive
- Friday Harbor Elementary School’s young scholars enrichment program
- San Juan Preservation Trust for Mount Grant accessibility
- Spring Street International School scholarships for local middle school students
- PIMC Cancer Care support programs
- Friday Harbor Athletic Association for trails at the ball fields
Sixteen graduating seniors from Friday Harbor High School’s Class of 2015 were awarded scholarships for the 2015/2016 academic year from three different funds held at the San Juan Island Community Foundation. Read More
The Community Foundation was gratified by the amazing generosity of islanders last week at the 2014 San Juan County Fair when over $31,000 was donated to eight different projects featured in the matching program. This amount was raised in just the four days of the Fair!
The Foundation, in turn, Read More
The Community Foundation is pleased to announce its award of scholarships for the 2014/2015 academic year to former and present San Juan Island high school students. Awards totaled $152,000 and were made to continuing college students, high school students graduating this year, and individuals pursuing career training. Read More