The Foundation’s Cornerstone Society is designed to engage those in our community who understand the importance of philanthropy and who know that the Foundation can advance the causes of our local non-profits and their projects.
Your Cornerstone membership helps provide the sustaining funds for our general granting programs and associated operational expenses. In return for your support, we have created a collection of enhanced donor services which will be made available to Cornerstone members. These include:
- Recognition of the dedicated commitment and sustaining contribution of Cornerstone Society members to the lives of San Juan Islanders;
- Reports on specific projects and services funded by Cornerstone Society members;
- Access to extensive SJICF executive team knowledge related to:
- Local non-profits and projects
- Local philanthropic opportunities
- Planned giving options
- Invitations to:
- Special educational events
- Annual Society event
Become a Cornerstone Society Member and Choose from One of the Following Options:
Make an unrestricted annual gift of $1,000 or more, and select from:
- The 75% – 25% program in which 75% of your contribution goes into the Healthy Community Fund (for broad community granting support) and 25% goes to support the Foundation Operating Fund to cover the expenses related to the grant review and awards process.
- The Operations Cornerstone program in which 100% of your contribution broadly supports the Foundation operations which thereby broadly supports all community programs.
- The Cornerstone Pledge program in which you may broadly support Foundation operations over a 3-year period which enables better long- range project planning and increased efficiency in using your contribution for maximum impact.
Cornerstone Society levels of giving:
- $1,000 Benefactor
- $5,000 Patron
- $10,000 Philanthropist
- $100,000 Lifetime Sustaining
Join with other local philanthropists in laying this important cornerstone for our community!