Over $130,000 Scholarships Awarded to Friday Harbor students for 2012/’1313 Jun 2012, written by adminSJICF
The San Juan Island Community Foundation is pleased to announce its award of scholarships for the 2012/2013 academic year to former and present San Juan Island high school students. Awards were made to both continuing college students and high school students graduating this year.
The following awards have been made to graduates of Spring Street International School and Friday Harbor High School.
Inskeep Scholarship Fund: (one year awards based upon exceptional need and demonstrating excellent promise to succeed)
The following students are graduating this June and have been selected to receive a total of $47,000 in Inskeep Scholarship awards:
- Brast, Amanda – Oregon State University
- Hagn, Julie – St. Olaf College
- MacDonald, Jennifer – Univ. of Victoria
- Nash, Larissa – CA State Univ.-Northridge
- Olshefsky, Audrey - Massachusetts. Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Smith, Connar - CA Polytechnic State Univ.
- Turnbull, Amanda – Gonzaga University
- Wynn, Malcolm – Washington State Univ.
The following students were previous recipients of Inskeep Scholarships and have been awarded a total of $85,000 in continuing scholarships for the 2012-2013 academic year.
- Andersen, Maggie - Western Washington Univ.
- Anderson, Sonja – Univ. of San Francisco
- Barnard, Parks – Seattle University
- Brand, Clara – Western Washington Univ.
- Eisenhauer, Diana – Univ. of Washington
- Freeman, Alexandra – The Colorado College
- Guard, Elle - Baylor University
- Hay, Rachael - Eastern Washington Univ.
- Johns, Conner - Carroll College
- McAllister, Willa - Seattle University
- Nash, Jordan – Western Washington Univ.
- Sandstrom, Rainah – Western Washington Univ.
- Scheffer, Austin – Western Washington Univ.
- Starr, Hannah - Northwest University
- Waite, Hannah – Oregon State University
John Volk Memorial Scholarship Fund: (A program of the San Juan Pilots Association)
The following award of $2,000 was made:
- Noah Waldron – Central Washington University
The Inskeep Scholarship Fund was established by the generous donations made by the late Jerry Inskeep who deeply appreciated the helping hand that he received enabling him to attend college. Jerry wanted to ‘pay his gift forward’ to the youth of our community. He left a legacy through the San Juan Island Community Foundation that will provide a permanent source of funds for the education of our island’s children.
The John Volk Memorial Scholarship remembers one of our finest citizens who served us all through his tireless volunteer service, both on the ground and in the air.
The Community Foundation serves as a nonprofit philanthropic umbrella organization helping donors, nonprofits and public organizations to achieve their goals through direct grants, organizational assistance and philanthropic resource management. For further information please contact us at PO Box 1352, Friday Harbor, WA 98250. The office is located in the Technology Center, Mullis St. Friday Harbor; Phone 378-1001.